Monday, May 30, 2016

Post 4

The art of saying no...

It's so hard to turn down a social invitation that you've replied "maybe" to.  It shouldn't be!  And it's probably not a big deal to anyone else, but I just spent 30 minutes of my Friday night stressing out over a response of "it's all good" to my text saying we weren't going to make it this evening.  The quick response back, the fact that there's no exclamation point, etc, etc; I be stressin'.

I have a tummy ache, I want to chill on the couch, and really, I'm not that important!  So what's with the guilt of saying no? I know it's ridiculous, I mean, I'm glad I'm not there holding my farts in and shyly, awkwardly making small talk to people I sort of know, while trying to suck in my gut so no one secretly thinks about how much weight I've gained {must be all those cupcakes I ate after dog manners class}.

I'm going to curl up in my special snowflake blankie and watch tv with the hubs, Fridays are for Five-O.  What I should be thinking is that I'm thankful for understanding friends, and the fact that I'm strong enough to make a choice for myself.

Edited to add: I stressed through the night about this, only to receive a friendly text from the hostess the next day.  The weight off my shoulders was lifted!!!  But I should never have put that weight there in the first place.  Something to try for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment